Maitland’s True Crime Tour
Crime Tour Meeting Point
Find Dark Stories Online
Unearth the troubled past on Maitland’s True Crime Tour
Take a Walk on the Dark Side…
Don’t be afraid to scratch beneath the surface of the sleepy town of Maitland and unveil its dark and twisted past…
- Enjoy a leisurely guided true crime walking tour retracing the steps of the city’s most infamous crimes of yesteryear.
- Travel back to a criminally tough world of brawlers, smoking guns and ladies of the night that has long since been forgotten.
- Relive a time in history that proves truth is far stranger than fiction as you explore Maitland’s murkiest moments.
- Great photo opportunities along the High St and the old forgotten laneways
- Book your ticket now for a unique investigation into a dark, crime-ridden history.
Small towns hold the biggest secrets, and Maitland, with its fair share of haunted streets nestled amongst its glorious old buildings, is no exception.
Maitland is an old town with an incredible history full of True Crime stories that time insisted were lost to the dustbin of history…until now.
…true crime stories the city tried to forget…
Maitland True Crime Tour Reviews
Awesome Crime Tour
Great tour! Our guide was delightful and witty. Wear comfy shoes, and don’t worry, you’ll walk into dimly lighted corners of the town, but we weren’t murdered.
Great Night Out With Friends
The whole tour was fantastic; our guide was both entertaining and informative. Such a great way to check out this beautiful town and learn some of Maitland’s dark history.
Interesting and Entertaining
We did the Maitland True Crime Tour with a lovely guide. She gave us all the story information with a delightfully entertaining, sometimes quirky twist.
Maitland True Crime Tour Additional Information
Duration:- 90-100 Minutes
Frequency:- Most Fridays and Saturdays (specific start times are listed on the true crime tour calendar above).
Distance:- Approx 2km (leisurely paced) on very flat terrain (no hills).
Meeting Point:- Meets at the seated area in front of the Maitland Train Station (Station Street side).
Dress Code:- Wear comfortable footwear.
Weather:- The true crime tour operates in nearly all weather conditions. Wet and gloomy conditions often enhance the atmosphere of the True Crime Tour, but please bring a raincoat or umbrella if there is any rain forecast, just in case.